Sunday, July 10, 2011

JULY 11th

NEWS FROM THE FARM
I want to thank you all for your commitment to local food; for trying your greens many different ways, for trying new veggies, and for cooking backwards. I appreciate so much your willingness to receive a vegetable you’ve never seen and to find a new recipe just for it. I believe this is a celebration and respect for the hardy veggies that persevere in Central Oregon. My mom says that eating seasonally is to find many ways to eat the same thing. When their time has passed, you are both happy and sad to see them go until next year.
I’d like to invite you to join me at: Meet Your Farmer Dinner this Friday, July 15th at Common Table, 150 Oregon St, Downtown Bend
Dinner begins at 6pm, My presentation starts at 7pm. They’ll be cookin’ up our veggies and I’ll have pictures of the farm.



Jen’s Garden hosted Tall, Noelie, Amar, and I for the 4th of July. We are excited about their upcoming farm to table dinner.



July 20th:
Check out Jen’s Garden Farm to Table event
with
Pono Farms and Rainshadow Organics
Location on Pine Meadow Ranch, cost $75 per person.
For more info:
www.intimatecottagecuisine.com

ANOTHER RECIPE FOR YOUR LEFTOVER GREENS :)
Raven’s Simple Kale Recipe:
Just make a dressing in a large bowl, I use olive oil, bregg's amino's, brewer's yeast, and a few herbs such as cayenne, cumin, turmeric, curry, lemon pepper, whatever--to the mix. Then I mix it in the bowl. Wash the kale, strip off the stalks, and then massage the kale for ten minutes in the dressing. It can be eaten fresh, or dehydrated.
Keep in mind that you can eat all of your greens… radish, cabbage, broccoli, kale, swiss chard, kohlrabi…. They can all be sautéed, thrown in soup, quiche, stirfry, burritos, etc… hide them from yourself if you have to, but know that they are the most nutritious vegetables you can get. There’s nothing like dark leafy greens and I take this opportunity to force feed them all summer long, knowing in my heart that I am helping your health a tiny little bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment