Thursday, April 7, 2011

Volume 1: Issue 10

I want to thank so many of you for visiting me at the farm this weekend. It is such a pleasure to share the ground that produces so much abundance. We are so lucky! For those of you that didn’t make it out, please do try to come out some time in the coming weeks. The garden is at its peak and will wane before long. I also want to give all of you a big congratulations for using, fresh, local food in season. One CSA member called it backwards cooking and I think that’s exactly what it is. You get your ingredients first and then figure out what to do with them. This is a challenge that you have all taken on and each week I hear of new recipes and ways to cook things. I am so happy to see you all digging into your creative depths, some into your past and family history. There’s something right about it isn’t there? Cooking something right when its popping out of the ground in your town. I hope you’ve enjoyed the adventure. I appreciate your efforts so much! ZUCCHINI CRUSTED PIZZA 2 cups grated zucchini 2 eggs 1/2 cup grated mozzarella 1 cup grated parmesan some basil and rosemary 2T Olive Oil Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Press mixture into a pizza crust in the bottom of a greased 10' pan, sprinkled with flour Preheat oven to 400 degrees Bake to 35-40 minutes Half way through baking time, drizzle 1T oil on top Cool for 10 minutes and use a spatula and loosen from pan Then put all your favorite pizza toppings on top.... tomatoes sauce, garlic, cheese, meat, other veggies, etc... Bake at 400 until heated all the way through. BEANS are coming! We have so many beans its frankly insane. But they are so yummy and I hope you steam them up and enjoy them fresh as can be. Another CSA member has been pickling her beans which is a really easy process where you cook them in a brine and put them in a jar. You can find the specifics online, but I really recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment