Thursday, April 7, 2011

Volume 1: Issue 9

Oh my goodness, vegetables are coming out my ears! I’m having trouble getting the lids on your boxes! I hope you all can handle the abundance. Don’t be afraid to compost things, or send them back for me to compost or feed to the worms. Also, think about freezing some stuff… beans and peas and broccoli and such can be blanched and frozen for winter. I also recommend pickling beets, carrots, cucumbers, etc. If you are particularly interested in a lot of something, just let me know and I can try my best to bring surplus for preservation. Lord knows, I have it :) You are always welcome to come to the farm to pick veggies as well. I am here almost all of the time, at least in the morning. But please do try to drop by on Sunday the 15th! I’ll have refreshments and honored to show you around your farm. Life is positively grand out here. I am continuously surprised by these plants that produce so much. I’m so lucky to get to work with them. FOOD FOR THOUGHT Everybody knows locally sourced food is good for our health, community, and economy. But how do we mobilize our region? Will Allen, CEO of Growing Power, brings his expertise to the table and shares his ideas for sustainable change. Come for an evening of food for thought with Will Allen, named by Time Magazine as one of the World’s 100 most influential people. AUGUST 26th at 7 PM Tower Theatre in downtown Bend. Tomatoes are coming! You’ll be getting more and more tomatoes of all kinds. I pick them before they are completely ripe because they are best when ripened in a paper bag for a couple days. So please take the time to do this. Some are meant to be funny colors like striped green and purple. I will let you know when you get one of these :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment