Thursday, April 7, 2011

Volume 1: Issue 17

Well, I guess this is it. The last delivery of the season. I find this to be quite depressing, honestly. I will miss my garden so much and I will miss seeing you all every week. Boo. But next year is just around the bend! We are disking down our big field and planting a winter cover crop of Austrian field peas. The vegetable patch is heading to the compost pile and much mulching is taking place. I feel like we’ve finished with a bang. Some great roots and greens to get you a couple more weeks into winter. Its been quite the season experience from our first little boxes through the abundance of summer and into autumn. I have learned so so much and look forward to next year… I’ve got lots of improvements in mind, but I really want to thank you all for your support and patience through this season. I could not have done it without you. Your faith allowed me to dive in and this foundation of knowledge will carry me through many years of growing ahead. I sure hope you all enjoyed the season and I want to reiterate that I am very keen to get any feedback you may have. From variety, to quality, to quantity, etc… I distributed next year’s membership form to many of you a couple of weeks ago. Please let me know if you didn't get one or if you need another. You can sign up any time from now until next spring. If you know of anyone who might be interested in the CSA program, please spread the word or send them my way. I’m happy to send them more information or answer any questions. I will have a limited number of spots next year, so if you can’t pay the membership now, but would like me to hold your spot, you can send a down payment with your form and can send the balance next spring. Thanks again for all your support and commitment to local food!! Basil! This is the last of the basil… you will find quite the bunch of leaves and flowers in your share… I recommend leaving it in an open tray to dry for a week or two… turning it occasionally… then pulling all the dry leaves and flowers off the stem. Crush and store them in a jar for cooking in the winter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment